Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Feeling more positive



Maybe my husband should do a two and a half day liquid diet every week.  He dropped a lot of weight and since I had to fend for myself, I lost some too.  I weighed in at 387 pounds this morning.  I am very thrilled to be out of the 390’s and will do my best to not ever see that decade again.  My husband’s colonoscopy this week went well, but because they found two more polyps they want him to have another colonoscopy in three years.  While his fasting helped our diets, I’m glad he won’t have to suffer through another procedure too soon.

Now that he is back to eating solid food the goal for us is not to revert to eating out for every meal or most meals.  That has always been the goal.  In order for us to eat more meals at home, I need to help with the cooking.  I’m not telling you anything new here.  From some reason, I have stopped cooking.  Rather than dwell on why, I just need to start again.  Will I?  That remains to be seen.  I will try this week.  Also, another big help that I can be is to not suggest eating out.  Any time that I give my husband an out (of cooking) he will take it.  Since it is usually me who suggests the outside food, I will try to cut back on doing that this week.  Okay, I know I am using the term “I will try” a lot here rather than outright saying I will do.  It’s not because I am giving myself an out, but that I know it will take effort to change my ways.  It’s not realistic that I can flip a switch and all of a sudden do the right thing 100% of the time.  Oh whatever, let’s just see how it goes.


13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a 3 lb loss! That is a WIN and something to celebrate! More success will follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaki! Actually, it was a 9 lb loss and I am motivated to add to it this week.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the loss!

    Why not attack your behavior, set it up to make it HARDER to order out? Fill the house will the right groceries, then lock away the cash and cards so you can't use them. It's easier to stay in and make do, then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad he doesn't have to go back in 3 years, but don't forget. My husband put off going back and ended up getting colon cancer - luckily they were able to remove it with surgery, but it's been 3 years already and he's still not 100%.

    Great job getting out of the 90s!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything went okay with your husband's colonoscopy. I am usually the one that suggests foods too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Done on your weight loss ... keep it going ... one step at at time

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. 9 lbs is fabulous! Maybe just start cutting out a couple meals out a week and then each week cut out another one. Slow baby steps. I'm glad your hubby doesn't have to go back for 3 years.....doesn't sound like it'd be very enjoyable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a great weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent news! I've been teetering on my plateau throughout fall & winter; couldn't tell you exactly what "flipped my switch" but just over this past week, seem to have gotten my impetus back (although I haven't approached scales yet - maybe next week!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope all is going well ....

    Take Care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, it's me stalking you again - hope you are doing well - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning! You know I worry about you when you don't post - hugs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What?? I didn't leave a comment in May?! Just checking in . . . email me if you want! mybizzykitchen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete