Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

First weigh-in of 2015


January 12th already?  It seems like it was just yesterday that I was relaxing over the holidays with my eighteen days away from the office.  While I enjoy and look forward to the long break at the end of year, I do not want this year to rush by.  I need to make my time count this year and make progress on the weight-loss front and towards better health.  Here are the stats from my weigh-in this weekend.

Starting weight:  399.8 lbs
Current weight:  393 lbs
+ / - since last:   -7 lbs lost

This loss is a fair representation of the effort put towards it and I am happy.  I haven't spent a lot of time yet deep thinking about my plan or actions needed for the year.  I want to do this and need to this, I just haven't done so yet.  What I have been doing though is trying to make  more conscious decisions about what I eat and don't eat.  This means that I don't always follow through with the first impulse I have, which is a very smart thing since I think about food often.  Trying to slow down the process and not allow the quick fix which is usually not the healthier option is helping me to eat smaller portions and from home rather than take-out.  My eating hasn't been perfect.  I've had some high-carb meals and way more fat and sugar than I need, but all-in-all have consumed less than if I wasn't trying.

One of my goals for 2015 is to be more active/less sedentary than past years.  In an effort towards this goal, I have been pushing myself to get up and do stuff.  I'm talking small things, a quick chore here and there.  Last year, I was the laziest I've ever been.  My body and house show for it.  I may not be able to exercise for 30 minutes yet, but I can do things in short bursts and every little movement is more than I did before.  The more time on my feet means the less time on my butt.   It's a start and I hope it continues.

Other than the small steps I've been trying to make with the food choices and movement, life is back to normal after the break.  Work, more work, and trying to avoid all the sickness at the office.  It seems a lot of people are coughing and sneezing, including my husband.  He's on the tail end of his cold, and knock on wood I believe I dodged it this time.   The sun is shining and the Seahawks are still in the race, so life here is looking good.  Hope you're doing well too. 

Enjoy,
Tammy (for Biz)

24 comments:

  1. sounds like a really good start, Tammy! (nice to have a name, too.) :)

    You can do this, one good decision at a time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! Any little activity you can manage throughout the day is a huge benefit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done on your weight loss ......great news.

    Keep up the good progress.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Hope you manage to doge the sickness, it's going around here something awful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, I'm so thrilled for you-- because what you're doing is spot on, my friend. Taking it slow-- one step, one day at a time--making a point to be more active--and knowing that'll it'll get easier and easier as you progress. This is a wonderful beginning to 2015!!! Congrats on the 7 pounds. That's a BIG deal. You're in for a most incredible year. Overjoyed for you, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals! Very doable and it wont be long before you can do that 30 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful news on your weight loss. I need to follow your plan about moving more. I too have become very lazy. As flylady states, just 15 minutes can make the biggest difference.
    Keep up with the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy!!!!! Thank you for that - I love it. I love the idea of doing stuff in short bursts. Even 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there can add up to 30 minutes by the end of the day.

    One of my long time blog friends just finished publishing a book - I downloaded it to my Kindle for $9.99 and I read it from start to finish in about 4 hours. It's amazing - she's lost 135 pounds, her world revolved around food from a very young age, had an alcoholic father, a Mom that worked too much - but I found myself highlighting passages that I know will help me with this next chapter in my life.

    http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2015/01/05/it-was-me-all-along-is-published/

    One of the things was that she was so overwhelmed with how long it would take - looking too far into the future, when her therapist asked her "can you just make good choices today? Not tomorrow, not next week, just today." I love that. Anyone can do great for one day, we just need to string those great days together to start seeing results.

    Nice to finally know your name!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! Nice job! I'm glad you're working and it's paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the loss. Fantastic start!

    ReplyDelete
  11. every step or movement you are doing more than the day before is a win...A WIN

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Tammy - just checking in with you! How was your weekend? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're doin it girl! Been thinking about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, wonderful! I'm so glad to know your name, too! I am so impressed with your resolve to get up and move more... You're right, small little bursts of movement may be just the way to start. I, too, think about food a lot. Just because I think it would be SO good, just because I want it, doesn't mean I should eat it. It's hard to stop myself, and I'm not 100%, but every time I make a better choice I WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just checking in... I hope you are taking laps around the house!! Go Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Tammy! Hope you have a great weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Knock Knock Knock... Is anyone home?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome. What are you doing? So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Tammy! yep, stalker here again - hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tammy, we care. Please come back and let us know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Tammy! Worried about you - hope you can reach out to me - even in an email to let me know you are okay even if you don't post here?

    mybizzykitchen@gmail.com

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Tammy - just thought I'd pop over here to say hi and hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete