Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Here I am...again

Another new year and I find myself in the same condition, fat, sore and tired.  

I am fat, obese, morbidly obese and just under 400 pounds on a five foot three inch frame.  

I am sore from inflammation and osteoarthritis in my knees.  Mainly my left knee has been in excruciating pain for the last couple of weeks.  

I am tired of 
    • being fat
    • being in pain
    • not sleeping because of the pain
    • being in the same condition year after year 
Yet, I am stuck.  

While I may be depressing, I am not depressed.

My ability to lose weight sometimes feels hopeless but I am still hopeful. Why I don’t know, but I am.

Hoping and wishing will get me no where.  Change is needed.  Action is needed.

A plan is needed.  Darn, I don’t have one of those…yet.  In the absence of a plan, I will focus on making changes from what I normally do.  The obvious…I will eat less.  I want to make healthier food choices too.  This is where and what I will start with.  For now, that is enough.  I will work on that.

Happy New Year.  I hope 2016 brings great things for you all.


17 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you back. It's so difficult to make these big changes - trust me, I'm fighting too! Try to focus on just one thing at a time. For example, start by drinking water, no juice or soda. Keep everything else the same. Then add something else - the next week, add more activity. The next week, make a meal plan. Just one thing at a time - the gradual changes help considerably with making sure the changes become habits! Rooting for you, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!! You know I am here to help in any way I can - even from a distance - wish I lived closer to help in person.

    How about today just drink a bit more water than you usually do? It's baby steps, but I know you have it in you!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're looking for motivation, I recommend a Facebook page called 90 Day Low Carb Challenge. This page was created by Lynn Terry and although we started a new 90 day challenge January 4th, you can jump in any time! Like her page and see how everyone is doing. I started it in June last summer and have went from 264.5 pounds to 221 so far. I love it and hope you will consider!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's exhausting, isn't it? I'm tired of playing with it, tired of having this consume my life. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're here, back and ready to move in a direction you desire.
    I applaud your instincts to keep it as simple as possible, especially getting started. If your only non-negotiable element was maintaining the integrity of your calorie budget--in whatever way that is...that would be one thing...and you can build from there. Awe, unsolicited advice--sorry!
    If you're interested, you have my attention any time-- just email: transformation.road@gmail.com Very happy you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Was happy to see you had posted. I SO wish there was an easier way for all of us...alas, this is not an easy journey. I would suggest going for as simple as possible, and take as many decisions out of eating/moving as possible. Good luck with finding a plan - I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're blogging again and good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you thought about weight loss surgery? The gastric sleeve is very popular now and it is different from gastric bypass as you still have a stomach and are able to absorb nutrients. My husband had it in 2013 and has lost 100 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checking in - you know I can't leave you alone! :D Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New month, new comment! Hugs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Knock, knock - it's me! :D How are you doing?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh hey! I even thought of you while on vacation, wondering how you are doing. Come back to blogging! Let us know how you are :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. New month, new comment! Every day is a fresh day :D Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, still stalking you! Please come back and let us know how you are doing :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. New month, new comment! Please email me and let me know you are okay - mybizzykitchen@gmail.com - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for commenting on my daughters blog post today - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Um, and it is a new month, so a new comment was necessary on your blog today :D

    ReplyDelete